Tony is an elected member of the Institute of Physics, Singapore. Institute of Physics (IOP) is one of the top Physics organisation in Singapore.
Back in 1923, Professor Albert Einstein visited Singapore. Subsequently, Professor Paul Dirac also came to Singapore shores. IOP’s elected fellows include our President Dr Tony Tan, Professor Christian Joachim as well as Professor Paul Davies.
Various Nobel Laureates such as Professor Gerardus ‘t Hooft and Professor Yang Chen-Ning are also part of the IOP Singapore family.
- Ministry of Education JC Lecturer and Integrated Programme Curriculum Designer
- Senior Head (Higher Education), Ministry of Education
- Lecturer at National Institute of Education (NIE), Singapore
- Physics PhD Candidate, Cambridge University, UK
- Masters in Business Administration, California State University, US
- First Class Honours in Physics and Mathematics, University of Birmingham, UK
- Postgraduate Diploma in Education from National Institute of Education (NIE), Singapore
Awards and Accolades
- Outstanding Contribution Award (Ministry of Education), 2013
- Outstanding Contribution Award (Ministry of Education), 2007
- SWJ Smith’s Prize (University of Birmingham) – Top of Graduating Cohort, 2002
- Science Undergraduate Prize (University of Birmingham), 2001
- Singapore Government Public Service Commission PSC Scholarship (Overseas), 1999
- Author of GCE ‘A’ Level Physics Ten-Year-Series Answers published by Educational Publishing House
- Author of several GCE ‘A’ Level Physics Guidebooks sold in Singapore
- Author of research paper “On Improving Students’ Understanding of the Photoelectric Effect” at the 3rd Redesigning Pedagogy International Conference, Singapore, 1 – 3 June 2009
- Member of University of Birmingham Alumni
- Member of California State University Alumni
- Member of National Institute of Education Alumni
- Member of University of Michigan Alumni
- Member of Institute of Physics, Singapore